Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ok, two posts in one day, I'm just going crazy.
I'm also feeling really old, because I am about to complain about 'kids these days.'
The last few times I have gone to the store and made a purchase involving cash, I have had to instruct the cashier on the proper amount of change to give to me.
Seriously. It's math. You learn that in elementary school, and continue to practice it all the freaking time.

Also:
Your= Something you own or posses.
You're= A contraction of the words 'you' and 'are.'
Here they are together in a sentence: 'Your English teacher should go home and commit ritualistic suicide for her failure in teaching you, because you're incapable of using it correctly. Your math teacher should too.'
Ur= An ancient city in Mesopotamia.

5 comments:

Jim said...

I was recently trained to cashier at Target, pretty basic stuff. As I was talking to the trainer we found a common bond in that a lot of the people coming into the retail workforce these days, don't remember what American currency used to look like.

She related to me a story about how a young woman actually called the manager over because she thought a customer was trying to pass counterfeit bills. That made me feel old. No, it made me feel like I belonged to an older generation.

-al said...

I hate to say it, but it was at a Target where I nearly caused a boy of roughly sixteen to have a stroke as he tried to figure out why I would give him two random Pennies with my ten Dollar bill, for a tab totaling only $8.52.

Jim said...

In the defense of cashiers, I had the following transaction the other day:

Young Guy: Here's twelve dollars and 14 cents, sir.

Me: Thank you, sir. (Pause). I'm sorry, but why did you give me fourteen cents?

Young Guy: Because my total is twelve dollars and three cents. Duh.

And that's the gist of it. He didn't actually say, "duh." It was more in his tone. To his credit, he didn't look confused when I handed most of his change right back to him.

Robyn said...

reading high schoolers speeches was painful sometimes- almost as painful as listening to them

Margaret said...

Why would you pay with cash?

Card + *boop* = speedy transaction.