Friday, December 14, 2007

I live at the zoo

This is my Puppy, Gus Gus.
I got him from my cousin. He's half Black Lab, half Weimeriner. He's 6 months old, and already a monster. He weighs well over fifty pounds, eats a ton of food (and anything else he can get his paws on) and is taller than my old lady when he stands on his hind legs.
But he's also extremely well behaved. He follows my commands as well as I can expect him to. He will sit and stay, or lay down and stay for several minutes. He'll leave toys and treats alone when I tell him to wait. He's a really good dog.

And this is the Old Lady's dog, Ferris Bueller.

Ferris is a good dog too. He's just little. And a little well loved, at times.
I chose Gus for some of his best qualities: he's laid back, obeys well, big. The old lady chose Ferris for his best qualities: He's loyal, high spirited and little. Together they make up the canine Odd Couple.

Since Ferris has been around well before Gus came into the picture, he was, naturally, the one in charge.
Ferris quickly established his dominance over Gus while the puppy only out-weighed him by a few pounds. Now that The Gus is more than five times the size of Ferris, it's funny (and a bit safer) that Ferris is still in charge.
Here they are, wrestling. Ferris' determination, alongside Gus' inherent laid back state of mind makes for some funny living room antics.
And then there's Sadie.
She's just a big, fat cat. This is one of her rare living room appearances. You can usually find her sleeping upstairs in the guest bedroom, or on the most cat hair-attractive article of clothing I own.

Well, that's a run-down on the zoo that is my house. I can assure you all that there is never a dull moment in that house.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I like that your dog's name is Gus Gus. I can't think of a reason for that or a reference or anything; it's original.

I named my dog Khambat and sometimes I wish I could take it back. But it's his name now.